General Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks

Discussion about Prague Airport scenery
jan.podlipsky

General Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks

Post by jan.podlipsky » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi all,

as I have started supporting the new version, I've started to notice some issues which are still repeating over and over again. So I've decided to describe them here, so it can help you determine the cause of your issues.

I will also try to update this post as I will figure out new things!

Verify, that you're launching your sim as an Administrator

Frankly, this is just a Windows stuff. Sometimes, when the sim is not launched as an administrator, it has an issue accessing another folders or files outside of its directory.

Try to disable User Account Control

This is the issue based also on an access issues.
How to disable it: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

Verify that the paths in necessary files are correct
FSX
Check that your entry in FSX.cfg has an appropriate path and also number in sequence. For example:
SimObjectPaths.9=D:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\AirportController\CommonResources\Simobjects
SimObjectPaths.10=D:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\Simobjects

P3D v3
Check that there are entries for Mega Airport Prague in simobjects.cfg in ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
And also that the numbers in sequence are correct.

P3D v4
Check that you have folders AirportController and Mega Airport Prague in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, and filepaths are correct in their relevant add-on.xml

Verify that you have all the Simconnect versions installed (P3D v3 and v4)
Just in case, install them all. They are located in \Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vX\redist\Interface
There is a Simconnect.msi in retail\lib subfolders
Jan Podlipský
Support Lead
XHT Labs